Marilyn Chiarello, posted a link to this yummy and super healthy desert on my website. It’s so easy to make, I had to share it with you. Enjoy!
ChiChi’s Chocolate Chia Pudding
3 cups nut milk* (see recipe below)
2-3 Tbs. raw cacao
3-5 Tbs. raw honey, maple syrup or agave
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup chia seeds (I find 1/2 cup makes more of a thicker pudding)
1 cup goji berries (optional)
blender, large mixing bowl, whisk
1. Place all the ingredients EXCEPT the chia seeds in the blender and blend until thoroughly mixed.
2. Pour the mixture into a large bowl.
3. Slowly add the chia seeds, stirring constantly with a whisk until all the seeds are coated in the milk mixture. Wait a few minutes and add (optional) goji berries. All to sit for 20-30 minutes at room temperature. The pudding will thicken.
4. Chill in the refrigerator for several hours before serving. I prefer to leave the pudding overnight, as it continues to thicken and the berries soften and get nicely plump.
1 cup almonds or Brazil nuts
3-6 cups water (depending on desired creaminess – I use about 3-4 cups for the pudding)
1-2 dates or other sweetener (optional)
blender, large mixing bowl, nut milk bag or fine strainer
1. Place nuts and water in the blender.
2. Blend until the nuts are completely ground.
3. Pour the mixture through a nut milk bag or very fine strainer over a large bowl.
4. Gently squeeze the nut milk bag to express all the liquid. If using a strainer, keep stirring the mixture so the liquid drains out, removing excess pulp as you go.
5. If adding sweetener, pour the milk back into the blender and add the dates or other sweetener. Blend again until dates are fully incorporated into the milk.
6. Stored in a sealed glass container in the refrigerator, nut milk will keep for 2-3 days.
* * *
Marilyn Chiarello, founder of A Taste of Light, is a certified raw vegan chef,educator and health coach.She offers a variety of services including health coaching, classes, dinner parties, consultations and presentations. For more information, visit aTasteofLight.com or contact her directly – [email protected] ht.com or 516-671-7037.
* * *Share this: